viernes, 10 de septiembre de 2010

First Day of School, In A New School!


I studied with Camille, Izzie and Emma my whole life, can you imagine 14 years in the same school, with the same people? Yes it was great to be with your friends whom you met when you were 2 years old, but it was also kind of monotone. Well, after finishing my sophomore year I enter a new school, but it was not only a new school, it was in a new city, in a new country!

I won’t lie to you I was so scared, I had been 14 years in my old school and people still called me freak, and I still had social issues (I mean I had my BTFs but I didn’t talk to everyone) besides I had to deal with USA high school comments, the thypical “oh be careful with the bullies, and don’t pay attention to the gans, if someone offers you drugs please say no, and you can’t use a bagpack because they were removed after a kid brought a gun to the school” WTF! I keep saying, this can’t be true!

My first week at the new school I discovered that yes there were gangs, and those kids you don’t want to mess with, and to my surprise some kids really did drugs haha, but there was also that nice girl who helped you find your classroom, that cute boy who didn’t even know you but winked at you, that teacher you wonder where did she buys her clothes, etc. And although I only studied at that school for 6 months I made so many friends that made my semester worth it, friends I still talk to because it only took 6 months to build a relationship so strong as if we were friends since childhood.

So now that I’m entering a new school again, in the BIG APPLE, I’m not nervous any more, I’M SO EXCITED! I can be who ever I want to be this time, those mistakes you did in thirth grade that people still remember won’t be bothering me any more. New friends, new classmates, new teachers, new school, new house, new neighbors, new city, new state! Thank God it’s still the same country! I’m ready to live big time!

I’ll make sure to keep you updated on my life here in THE BIG APPLE!!!
- Claire

3 comentarios:

  1. I'll wait to read you about your new experiences(:
    Good luck Claire ;)
    XoXo,
    .m

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks Maria! hope you are having a blast at your school too!
    -Claire

    ResponderEliminar
  3. MY LITTLE ADOPTIVE SISTER!
    I'm so happy you are feeling so good at your new school!!! Hope everything's good in your life! Missing you SOOOO MUCHHHH!

    ResponderEliminar